Meskel & Associates Engineering is committed to providing innovative, cost effective geotechnical engineering consulting, subsurface investigation, and construction testing and inspection solutions for our clients. Accuracy, competitive pricing and on-time reporting are our commitments to our clients on every project.
MAE is a small business headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida providing geotechnical engineering consulting, subsurface investigations, and construction material testing and inspection management services in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. We are certified in the Jacksonville Small Emerging Business (JSEB) program, and are a certified Women-Owned business/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) and Florida Minority Business Enterprise (MBE).
MAE works on projects that include all aspects of public and private construction including bridges and roadways, industrial projects, high- and low-rise structures, below-grade utilities, pavement and drainage improvements, and re-development of parks and public spaces. We assist our clients on their projects from the time a site is being considered for development, through engineering design and preparation of construction documents, to completion of project construction.
Antoinette (Tina) D. Meskel is the President and Principal Engineer of Meskel & Associates Engineering.
She holds a BS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Pittsburgh and a MBA from the University of North Florida. She is a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Florida and Georgia with over 23 years of experience in geotechnical engineering consulting and subsurface investigation services. Her expertise includes performing and directing geotechnical site explorations and preparing foundation design recommendations for major roadway and bridge projects. She has experience in analysis and design of shallow and deep foundation systems, ground modification procedures for problematic sites, engineered slopes, retaining walls, pavement sections, and earthen dams. Tina is also experienced in directing testing programs, including laboratory and field testing of soils and construction materials.
P. Rodney Mank, P.E., Principal, is the Vice President of Geotechnical Engineering & Construction Services and a Senior Engineer at MAE.
He is a Professional Engineer licensed in Florida and Georgia with over 27 years experience in geotechnical engineering consulting and subsurface investigation services. He obtained a BS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Florida and a MBA from the University of South Florida. Rodney’s expertise includes performing and directing geotechnical site explorations, and preparing foundation design recommendations for private and public civil design projects including roadways, bridges, commercial, residential, and industrial structures, pavement design, and general site development. Mr. Mank is responsible for all Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) projects, and for our laboratory and field testing programs.
Qualifications and Capabilities
MAE staff has experience in many different project types including roadways and bridges, high- and low-rise buildings, industrial facilities, marinas, commercial buildings, parks, and residential communities. Our typical project responsibilities include:
- Preparation of field work plans and supervision of field crews
- Delineation of problematic soil areas
- Planning and supervision of laboratory testing
- Soil stratification and preparation of soil profiles for plans
- Groundwater investigations required for underdrain evaluations or groundwater intrusion issues
- Groundwater drawdown analysis
- Evaluation of shallow foundation systems
- Evaluation of deep foundation systems including drilled shafts, driven piles and auger cast-in-place pile foundations
- Drainage and dewatering considerations
- Settlement analysis
- Analysis and design of temporary and permanent sheet pile walls
- Retaining wall analysis
- Slope stability analysis
- Analysis of deep excavations and braced cuts
- Pavement evaluations
- Installation and monitoring of geotechnical instrumentation including settlement plates, inclinometers and piezometers required during construction.
- Daily monitoring of construction activities including mass grading, utility, and pavement construction.
- Full-time construction materials testing programs for contractors and project owners
- Auger and Driven Pile installation monitoring.
Download our capabilities and qualifications document.
Equipment and Facilities
MAE has access to a large fleet of drilling equipment including multiple truck and All Terrain Vehicle mounted drilling rigs. On every field job, MAE oversees all drilling operations, and depending on the project needs, a MAE engineer will be on-site to observe and stratify the soils recovered at the boring locations, and to make immediate decisions or contact the project owner, as needed.
Meskel & Associates Engineering maintains an office at 8936 Western Way, Suite 12 in Jacksonville, Florida. The office includes multiple conference rooms equipped with teleconferencing equipment which can be used for team meetings, as required. The company owns the software required to support the needs of our project team including design, scheduling, project management and financial support suites. Our smartphones keep us in constant contact with phone calls, e-mails and faxed documents from our team members and clients.
- Florida Engineering Society (FES) NE Florida Chapter 2009-2010 President
- University of North Florida Engineering Advisory Council (EAC)
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE)
- Women in Transportation Services (WTS)
- American Society of Highway Engineers (ASHE)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)