The successful candidate will have a strong background in geotechnical engineering principles with a demonstrated steady increase in project responsibility. We prefer someone with knowledge and experience with FDOT practices, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to manage their own projects. Occasional work outside normal business hours is likely.
- Project management and engineering for geotechnical projects
- Supervision of field and laboratory testing
- Interpret data and test results, perform geotechnical calculations, analyze data with civil/geotechnical software, and write reports
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence
- Supervise subcontractors and/or field technicians
- Supervise / maintain company policies regarding safety standards and job site safety
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s in Geotechnical Engineering preferred)
- 4 to 6 years of related experience
- Florida P.E. or ability to earn P.E. licensure in Florida within 6 months
- Must have strong oral/written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Valid Florida driver’s license
- Proficient in use of geotechnical engineering software, such as gINT, FB-Deep, slope stability analysis, settlement analysis
- Construction inspection and/or construction materials testing
- Ground water modeling
MAE offers diverse and challenging projects, mentoring and training, a competitive salary, and paid benefits such as medical & dental insurance, paid time-off and the use of a company vehicle.
MAE affords equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, genetic characteristics, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.