Interested candidates should complete an application in person at 8936 Western Way, Suite 12, Jacksonville 32256 or send resume and proof of certifications to email@example.com
Your crew will work on various projects as part of a multiple person team consisting of in-house engineers, geologists and technicians as well as members from our consultant clients. Typical project field assignments will include conducting field safety meetings with crew prior to each site mobilization and each day’s work; field locate of required exploration points using hand-held GPS or other means; develop site reconnaissance information; load soil sample containers, exploration tools and instrumentation/well installation tools and supplies onto trucks or drill rigs; prepare and review field boring logs using Unified Soil Classification System (USCS) and basic standard rock classifications and site description forms. Additional responsibilities will include preparation of United States (US) Department of Transportation (DOT) paperwork, as required; provide input as to how to best perform exploration tasks, and report required maintenance to supervisor and perform maintenance tasks as required.
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- In charge of two or three-person crews on sites with potentially variable site surface conditions requiring borings up to depths of approximately 150 feet.
- Assists in the location of exploration points, including confirming with the Project Engineer that all points have been cleared by utility companies as safe for exploration.
- Drives medium duty straight trucks to various job sites. Operates and drives 4WD truck-mounted and all-terrain vehicle-mounted drill rigs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of drilling experience including 1 yr. of experience as a Field Crew Chief or similar position.
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 75 pounds repeatedly
- Company vehicle
- Pay based on experience and performance
- Small business, friendly work environment
- Paid benefits such as medical and dental
- Paid time off
- Backlog of interesting and diverse projects
- Clear expectations and accountability