- Bid Management and Negotiation
- Pre-Construction Plan Review for Constructability
- Comprehensive Construction Administration
- Coordination with Engineer-of-Record / Permitting Agencies / Maintaining Agencies
- Weekly or Monthly Progress Meetings Administration and Documentation
- Review and Processing of all Contractor Submittals (Shop Drawings, Change Orders, Pay Applications, etc.)
- Early Identification and Resolution of Technical Concerns
- Claims Analysis and Resolution
- Schedule and Cost Evaluation
- Arborist Reports and Tree Risk Analysis
- Due Diligence Review
- Review to Maximize Property Use
- Roadway / Earthwork / Utilities Inspection
- Pile Driving and Drilled Shaft Inspection
The best way to drive project success is to maintain complete and accurate records of contractor work activities, payment, field sampling and testing, as well as photographic records of significant activities and events. Our goal is to help the project team achieve a successful project. We will work with your contractor to help assure that your project is constructed in accordance with the approved contract documents plans and specifications. Our success in achieving this goal has resulted in a strong respect, reputation, and a high level of trust with our clients, which we work hard to maintain every day.
MAE has the ability to provide construction engineering and inspection (CEI) services to help assure clients that their projects are built in accordance with their plans and specifications. MAE offers experienced personnel from full-time, site-based resident engineers to part-time inspection staff, to meet the level of service desired by the owner from preconstruction to project close out. Our engineers and certified inspectors offer the expertise needed to resolve technical issues, and are capable of administering all project related contracts, such as budgets and schedules, and cost tracking to help assure all conditions of each contract are realized. In addition, MAE is able to provide periodic reports to comply with both the client needs and contract requirements concerning documenting construction progress.
Sam Lansdale is a Project Manager and Senior Construction Engineering Inspector with more than 17 years of experience in the civil construction and utility field. His relevant diverse experience includes all aspects of civil engineering construction including minor roadways, interstate interchanges, small utility upgrades and major water treatment plants, condominium communities, large private subdivisions, wetland recreation areas, and tree risk assessments, performed for private entities, cities, counties and state agencies. Sam has coordinated all phases of civil construction as an Owners Representative/Project Manager and Inspector…read more.