- On-site Observation and Monitoring
- Field and Laboratory Testing and Analysis
- Consulting for Construction Material Selection,
- Compatibility, Acceptability, and Performance
- Evaluation of In-place Construction Materials
- Pavement Materials Engineering
- Construction Materials Sampling / Testing
Construction testing and inspection provides a project owner with quality control assurance. Material testing, inspection and reporting are performed for all projects under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer. MAE has a firm understanding and knowledge of the material testing process. Since every project is unique in scope and funds available, likewise our personnel are uniquely qualified to provide a variety of options that are both functional and cost effective for earthwork and poured-in-place and precast concrete testing and inspection.
MAE operates a testing laboratory that is accredited by the Construction Materials Engineering Council (CMEC) and approved by the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT). This ensures that laboratory equipment, procedures, and personnel are in compliance with ASTM and AASHTO standards for testing and reporting. Some of the MAE laboratory testing equipment available to serve our clients includes:
- Automatic Soil Compaction Hammers
- Limerock Bearing Ratio (LBR) Loading Frame and Soak Tank
- Compaction Molds
- Sieve Shakers and Various Sieves
- Muffle Furnace and Drying Oven
- Atterberg Limit Test Device
- Concrete Testing Machine
A complete laboratory testing equipment list is available upon request.
Rodney Mank, PE is a licensed Professional Engineer in Florida and Georgia with more than 30 years of technical and managerial experience. His expertise includes planning, managing and engineering responsibilities on geotechnical explorations for all types of transportation facilities ranging from new divided roadways to lane widenings, and design and construction of bridges to intersection improvements including walls and miscellaneous structures…read more.