Growing geotechnical engineering business with healthy backlog of challenging projects needs experienced driller to lead 2 and 3-man crews for field subsurface explorations. Must be experienced with auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, and diamond bit coring techniques. In-situ testing techniques will include Standard Penetration Testing (SPT), Field Permeability Testing and collection of undisturbed samples using Shelby tube and piston samplers. Work also includes installation of instrumentation, piezometers and monitor wells.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects
- In charge of two or three-person crews on sites with potentially variable site surface conditions requiring borings up to depths of approximately 150 feet.
- Assists in the location of exploration points, including confirming with the Project Engineer that all points have been cleared by utility companies as safe for exploration.
- Drives medium duty straight trucks to various job sites. Operates and drives 4WD truck-mounted and all-terrain vehicle-mounted drill rigs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of drilling experience.
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift 75 pounds repeatedly
- Current Water Well Contractor License a plus
- Company vehicle
- Pay based on experience and performance
- Small business, friendly work environment
- Paid benefits such as medical, dental & vision
- Paid time off
- 401-k retirement plan with company match
- Job Type: Full-time