Design/Build project that included the removal and replacement of approximately 3,650 feet of the riverfront boardwalk from just west of the Main Street Bridge to east of the School Board Building on Prudential Drive. A new foundation was constructed including 455, 18-inch square pre-stressed, precast concrete piles 40 to 60 foot long. MAE’s responsibilities during the design phase included:
- Field exploration: Standard Penetration Test (SPT) barge and landside borings with continuous split-spoon sampling, undisturbed sampling using Shelby tubes, rock coring, as needed.
- Soil and water corrosion series profiles and soil index property testing.
- Axial load pile capacity analysis and design recommendations
- Construction and pile testing program recommendations.
MAE performed Construction Engineering Inspection during the construction phase including the following:
- Observing and documenting pile condition upon delivery
- Monitoring of preforming and predrilling depths
- Monitoring pile driving operations
- Completing pile installation logs during test pile and production pile driving.